BUSINESS/PRIVILEGE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
Please read carefully and follow this check list it will ensure timely processing of your
☐ Complete the Privilege License Application in its entirety.
• Operation of a business six (6) months or more a regular Privilege license is required. Privilege licenses must be renewed by September 30th annually.
• Operation of a business less than six (6) months a Transient Vendor license is required.
☐ Community Development Department must approve the application.
• Contact this department at 662-843-4601 for further information on requirements.
• If your business is in a commercial building you may need permits from this Department. In addition, if you are making any changes to the interior and/or exterior of your business location, permits are required.
• If your business is located in a commercial building you will be required to have a commercial/fire inspection.
☐ Remit a Copy of your Mississippi State Sales Tax ID Number
• Please contact the Mississippi Department of Revenue (MDOR) at 601-923-7700 to register for a Sales Tax ID.
•Upon completion of your application, you will be required to attach a copy of your letter detailing your assigned ID from the MDOR.
☐ Restaurants and Bars - Remit a copy of your most recent MSDH Food Permit
• All businesses that serve food are required to have a health inspection. Please call the Health Department at 662-843-2706 for more information.
• (711 3rd Street, Cleveland, MS 38732)
• If your business serves and sells beer you will need approval from the Planning Commission and the Board of Aldermen. To appear before the Planning Commission, contact 662-843-4601.
☐ Transient Vendors
• If your business will be operating six (6) months or less you will need a Transient Vendor license. Operation of your business six (6) months or more a regular Privilege license is required.
• If your business is located in a commercial zone that allows you signage, and you plan to erect a sign; you must complete an application for a sign permit. This permit must be submitted and approved before erecting the sign. You may have to appear before the Planning Commission to obtain final approval. Contact 662-843-4601 for more information.
☐ Proper Fee Remittance
• Most fees are determined by either, the number of full-time employees (service oriented business) OR the amount of inventory (retail businesses). You would only remit according to one schedule. See Page 4 on the license detailing the varying fee schedules.
Once your application is reviewed for completion and accuracy, an invoice will be sent to the email address listed on your application.
DO NOT PAY UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED AN INVOICE.